Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Good Wife 7x18 "Unmanned" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

Some really great things happened in this episode, I’m not going to lie. After this episode, I think the show is finally going in the direction that I want it to. Whenever Diane and Alicia are working together in court, I’m happy. They have a great dynamic and I think that dynamic will be explored even more in the coming episodes. I’ve said it before, but I really want Diane and Alicia to partner and run their own firm. They would be great together.

It was wonderful to see Anna Camp back as Caitlyn after not being on the show for over four years. It’s crazy to think she hasn’t been back since season three. I was also very excited to see Leslie Odom Jr. joining the cast for this episode. Because the show films in New York, there’s always guest stars coming on when they get some free time from Broadway. I love Leslie as Aaron Burr in Hamilton. I think it’s interesting that Leslie was the guest star instead of Lin-Manuel Miranda, the genius mind that created Hamilton, because he has openly expressed on Twitter that he would love to guest star. Leslie was not the first Hamilton alum to appear on the show. Jonathan Groff and Renée Elise Goldsberry, who had a recurring role in the earlier seasons as Geneva Pine, have appeared even before Hamilton debuted.

I was expecting there to be a throw down between Jason and Peter judging by the promo pics, but that wasn’t quite the case. Peter did get extremely ticked upon finding Jason in his boxers in Alicia’s apartment, but Jason handled it very well and left knowing he was in the wrong by being in this affair. The greatest part of the episode was something I had been waiting for since season one, Alicia finally told Peter she wants a divorce. THANK YOU, WRITERS! I know Alicia had two wonderful kids with Peter, but she never looked truly happy when she was with Peter. Alicia looks happy when she’s with Jason. I was smiling so much when she practically jumped into his arms. I hope they get a happy ending.


Nothing against Cary, but I’m happy that he decided to quit. That’s just one step closer to that Lockhart/Florrick (well, soon to be Cavanaugh again) firm that I want to badly. I hope he does great things with his life and can learn to move on. This was such a satisfying episode. If Judge Abernathy and Kurt were also in this episode, it would’ve been practically perfect. Luckily, the Kurt episode will soon be available to myself and many other fans who have been anxiously awaiting his return. The downside is we still have to wait anxiously because there’s a two week hiatus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment