Monday, November 16, 2015

The Good Wife 7x07 "Driven" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

I found myself becoming bored with this episode. I think it was greatly attributed to the fact that the episode aired almost an hour late, yet again, due to the football game. Despite being tired and wanting to go to sleep, I watched the episode anyway.

I felt like they had some really cocky clients this week. The case about a car that can operate without a driver’s assistance causing an accident seemed like something that could very well happen. I know driverless cars are being invented and will probably make their way onto the streets sometime in the near future. Seeing that there was texting, dozing off at the wheel, and possible hacking to the driverless car, I felt that both parties were guilty in some way for the accident. I felt there was a lot of tension that was awakened by those involved with this case.

It absolutely broke my heart when Alicia walked into the conference room. Seeing Diane and Cary completely shocked to see Alicia working against them was hard to watch. I could feel my stomach drop. I just hate to see these three former colleagues pinned against each other by the very work that brought them together. I know Alicia doesn’t want to feel like there is a higher power controlling her, I get that, but it still pains me to know that what happened in the past is going to stay in the past. Then you throw Louis Canning back into this boiling pot and things become more heated.

I really feel like Louis is up to something. He is continually finding clients to hand over to Alicia, and now Lucca. I don’t know if these are good intentions, or a plot for her downfall. Maybe he just wants to sweeten up to her so he can potentially get her to partner with him. I think they both know that Diane and Cary are a force to be reckoned with and I think Canning may see a similar potential between Alicia and himself.


Nothing having to do with Alicia’s love life is appealing to me. I think she’s much better off by herself, without a man. The fact that she still has to pretend to be happily married and in love with Peter for the greater good of his campaign is ridiculous. I did not enjoy the, to keep it clean, bedroom scene with the two of them. It’s just awkward knowing that Alicia doesn’t love him, and he knows that, but they still fool around. I hope this isn’t the path she will take with Jason. It’s almost sad to see that Alicia has given up caring about everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment