Monday, November 9, 2015

The Good Wife 7x06 "Lies" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

This episode was just full of more bickering. I feel like every episode this season has contained some sort of bickering between the characters. The only compromise that seemed to be met was between Eli and Ruth. Personally, I don’t like that Peter announced that he is running for president. I just feel like it’ll be a disaster if he does end up winning the election. His scandal when running for governor was bad enough. If he wins, that means that Alicia will become the first lady. That’s just not going to work at all. I think everything was better back in the first season when Peter was in jail and Alicia was still a first year associate at the firm.

I was really annoyed with the whole deal with Diane, Cary, Howard, and David. I understand that they want some fresh faces around the office, but do they really have to fight about it so much? I felt it was completely right for them to kick Howard out of their meeting due to him not even being a name partner. Plus, some of the comments he was making about the possible associates were a little questionable. I wish Cary and Diane would stop getting in arguments over the littlest things and learn to be a working pair that can choose the best direction for the firm.

When everyone was interviewing Monica, I liked her. I thought Diane handled the interview very well. But when it turned out that she didn’t get the job and Diane had to tell her the news, things went south. I was very unhappy when Monica blew up at Diane. I thought Diane’s offer to Monica on giving her help on anything was very gracious. The fact that Monica recorded the whole thing and then made a negative video about the partners about only hiring young, white men was something I found to be very unprofessional.


My interest in Jason greatly died down after this episode. Learning the further details about his criminal past really got me to rethink about him and his workings with Alicia and Lucca. I laughed so hard when the phone tappers came back. They brought a lot of laughs with them in previous seasons, so it was nice to see their antics again. I was so entertained by the fact that they ended the episode with one of the phone tappers showing his colleague a goat-remix of “I Will Always Love You.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment