Friday, February 26, 2016

The Big Bang Theory's 200th Episode

It’s Sheldon’s birthday! This was an amazing setup for an amazing accomplishment for the show. I can’t believe there’s been 200 episodes of a show about a group of nerdy friends –and it’s still going strong! I really enjoyed this episode, but I was unhappy with the length. This isn’t any fault of the show, though. It’s a sitcom in 2016. That means you get about 2/3 of the show and at least 1/3 of commercials. It’s really a shame that it felt like I watched 2 minutes of the episode and then it was over. Considering the actors get paid millions per episode, I wish that the viewers would be given a bit meatier content.


I loved the amount of guest stars that they were able to bring back for this episode. My favorite was, of course, the return of Dr. Beverly Hofstadter. She was surprisingly very sweet and caring in this episode. It was a nice change. It wasn’t too out of the ordinary considering that Beverly is quite attached to Sheldon. It was so cute to see her drinking out of a Batman cup. When they said that Barry might have a shot with Leonard’s mother, I thought oh no, Bev got drunk again. I thought this because one of the last times she got drunk, she came back to Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment and placed a passionate kiss on Sheldon. It was so awkward when Barry called her a cougar and started really flirting with her. I was surprised that she didn’t have a comeback for him. It was a very funny element for the episode.

Another great element was that Adam West made an appearance. Hearing Sheldon’s story about how he was always told that Batman would come to his party, but never did was so sad. I was really happy when the guys decided to get the real Batman to come to his party, even if all Adam cared about was getting paid for being there. It would’ve been even better if he put on a Batman costume at some time during the party.


I really enjoyed the bonding moment between Penny and Sheldon. I also enjoyed when they all went around and each person at the party said something nice about Sheldon. They’ve all had their frustrations with Sheldon and everyone has been annoyed by him in some way, but they proved that they all love him and are happy to have them in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment