Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Good Wife 7x13 "Judged" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

I enjoyed this episode a lot too. At the beginning, I thought it was going to be a Diane-centric episode, but it was once again all about Alicia. This wasn’t necessarily a bad thing because I liked seeing Alicia break further. The throwing of the plates in the past was her phase of being angry. Now, with her breaking down in front of Lucca, I feel that Alicia has really let it all sink in and she just needed to get her feelings out. It almost felt like she had suicidal tendencies. I liked seeing Alicia be so open with Lucca and to see them having a real bonding moment to help further their friendship. Though, that breakdown scene was phenomenal. There was so much raw emotion and it was a very believable performance, one that might score Julianna Margulies another Emmy. I’m overall very surprised that after all of this she so pleasantly forgives Eli. I’m betting this is because of her little kiss with Jason in the elevator. I was hoping this couple wouldn’t happen. Will is rolling in his grave.

Diane was finally back in a court setting! I thought the whole case about the decision to shut down the college newspaper was interesting. I felt like it was a bit rushed since it was quickly agreed upon to shut it down and Diane’s client that she was helping seemed indecisive about going further in trying to win back her right to keep the newspaper. I thought it was also interesting that Diane is so interested in getting Jason to come work for her firm. I don’t know if it’s because she likes the way he works or if she really needs another investigator to replace Kalinda –side note, it seems really weird to me that Archie Panjabi left The Good Wife (rumored to have been on bad terms with Julianna Margulies), but now news has come out that she has been cast on another new law show.


I was very intrigued to see the tease of Cary once again representing Alicia and the possibility that she will return to LAL. I’ve wanted her to go back to LAL for a while now. I really want the friendly relationship that Alicia and Lucca share to be between Alicia and Diane. Judging by the promo pictures I’ve seen, including Alicia sitting across from Diane in her office, I think she will go back or is at least considering going back. I bet she’ll ask for a raise in pay, or demand it, if she does indeed go back. I’d like to see Lucca transfer over as well because I like Lucca and I think she’d fit in well over at the other firm. I hope this also means that we can finally get rid of David and Howard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment