Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Good Wife 7x09 "Discovery" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

This was my favorite episode of the season thus far. I thought the case was interesting, I thought the conflicts between the characters provided some saucy dialogue, and I felt that this episode established some storylines that could have some exciting continuations.

I was surprised to see Monica back in Diane’s office. I wasn’t sure of her business there at first, but seeing her take up Diane’s offer rather upfront and assertive was a nice way to bring her character back to the show. This was not the first case this season to deal with racism by white men, but I thought this case was more appealing to watch as a viewer simply because it put all of the main lawyers back into the courtroom together. Chumhum (The Good Wife’s version of Google) has been the center of cases in past seasons and I always think they are fun to watch. This episode expanded on the fact that Chumhum is more than just a search engine, but offers a wide variety of systems and products to the public. This further helps the audience see why Chumhum is a top client for the law firm’s and is worth so much money as a company. They never have touched on Chumhum being a racist company, but I do feel that this episode showed that there is at least a touch of racism within their creative team.

Diane, Cary, Alicia, Lucca, and Monica all wrapped up in close proximity back in the courtroom. Tension is certainly still high and it is evident. I really felt like Diane got her game back, after last week with her struggling with everyone it seemed. I felt like Lockhart/Agos won the case due to their several pieces of evidence against the creator and boss of Chumhum. Alicia certainly seemed quite pissed off with how well the opposing side was doing. I didn’t feel like Jason did anything to help out with Alicia and Lucca’s fight. I was also surprised to see the two working so closely with Louis Canning, even working at his office with the other associates. I figured something was going on there, judging by past episodes.


I’m glad the Jason and Alicia possible romance was not forced upon us in this episode and neither was the new romance between Eli and Courtney. Maybe I was wrong about them, maybe a relationship would help Eli become less uptight. I hope next week’s episode is just as enjoyable as this one. 

1 comment:

  1. due to the censorship imposed by the officials, it was almost impossible to access the good wife online but since HMA VPN hides your location, you may access the good wife online within seconds.

    ReplyDelete