Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Good Wife 7x19 "Landing" Review

-SPOILERS BELOW-

There was quite a lot that happened during this episode, but there’s really only one aspect of the episode that I want to focus on. This was the episode that I had been waiting for. This episode finally brought the return of Kurt McVeigh. His scenes were absolutely wonderful! At the top of the episode, fans of Kurt and Diane finally got the scene that they had been wanting and waiting for since the very beginning, a playful bedroom scene. I was on the edge of my seat during the entire scene and felt like I could barely breathe because I was happy and exhilarated by it. It was so adorable to see Diane so flustered over thinking that Kurt wanted a divorce after three years of marriage, though it turned out to be that he wanted to sell his ballistics business and retire so he could finally move in with her and really settle down. They’re both busy people, so it isn’t often that they get to see each other. This is such a wonderful step in the right direction for the both of them. It was so refreshing to see Diane so rowdy with Kurt and deeply in love.


When I first read that Kurt was going to retire, I selfishly wasn’t too happy because I would love to see Diane and Kurt working side by side at a law firm of their own. Though, after seeing Diane so happy and supportive of his decision, I was too. But, of course, it couldn’t be an episode with Kurt in it without some argument between Diane and himself. With the two of them being as stubborn as they are, I wasn’t surprised when there was a disagreement over the selling price. I loved seeing Diane so clearly jealous when she was discussing the matter with the potential buyer. These two as a pair always know how to work out their arguments and this situation was no exception. Seeing Diane almost cry over how happy Kurt makes her almost brought me to tears. They are such a beautiful couple and I am so grateful that they got to shine.


I was a little disappointed that they didn’t bring up the current presidential race. Diane is a democrat and Kurt is a republican. Diane loves Hillary Clinton, who is a candidate, and Kurt loves Sarah Palin, who is not a candidate, but did endorse Donald Trump. That would’ve been some amazing banter between them. Other than that, amazing episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment