Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Big Bang Theory 9x01 "The Matrimonial Momentum" Review

Big Bang is back! This is my review of the Season 9 premiere of The Big Bang Theory.

This episode was a little confusing to me at times, only because I did not watch all of Season 8. You just forget to tune in sometimes, right? Despite that, I enjoyed the episode anyway. I mean, when it comes to this show, it’s pretty hard not to enjoy it. The lack of nominations they got for the Emmys baffled me as well. Even though TBBT is entering its 9th season, the writers are still creating laugh-out-loud scripts for the cast.

This episode started out with Penny and Leonard in a little chapel in Las Vegas. Yes, they’re getting married! Penny didn’t have an extravagant gown or anything due to this marriage being a spur of the moment thing. Even though all seemed well and everyone seemed to be in love, Sheldon and Amy called it quits. I was quite saddened by this because I found their relationship endearing and fun to watch. To make things worse, they showed Sheldon pulling a wedding ring out of his drawer and not knowing what to do with it.

I felt bad for Amy after the split because she was unaware of Penny and Leonard’s situation. She was upset to find that she was not even invited to the wedding. Penny tried to explain to her that it wasn’t planned and that they just went for it. She also explained that they could watch the wedding live via a livestream. This led Amy over to Howard and Bernadette’s house. With everyone together, including Raj and Stewart, and Sheldon standing outside of the window, drama was bound to happen. I thought this was a very funny scene due to all of the tension.

My favorite part of the episode was when the couple-to-be were exchanging vows. In typical Leonard fashion, his vows consisted of comparisons to science, including atoms, and being very heartfelt and sincere. Penny on the other hand, did not have any vows prepared. Improvising, she recited the lyrics of You’ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story. This part got a big laugh out of me. I also laughed a lot when Leonard was struggling when trying to carry Penny bridal style into the Honeymoon Suite. Everyone back home didn’t even see their final exchanges on the livestream due to fighting.


Sheldon’s mother, Mary, made a brief appearance in the episode. I would’ve liked to see Dr. Hofstadter’s reaction to the wedding. Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment